Ally Denton, who wrote a profile of herself, has nominated 20somethings in 2013 for the Liebster Award. I’d like to thank Ally for the nomination, and I encourage you to check out her blog allydenton.com
To accept the nomination, I need to answer 11 questions that Ally has posed, and I also need to nominate 11 other blogs for the award and ask them 11 questions (edit: I neglected to mention this originally, but the blogs you nominate are supposed to have fewer than 200 followers).
Ally’s questions were to give 11 facts about yourself, so here they are:
1. I graduated from Cornell with a triple major (English, History, and Italian)
2. I’m allergic to cats.
3. I’m the oldest grandchild on both sides of my family.
4. I used to write Pokémon and Mortal Kombat fan fiction.
5. I’ve never worn braces because my teeth are naturally straight. (I’m not sure how interesting that is, but it seemed that everybody else I knew growing up wore braces at some time or another.)
6. I’ve seen every Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street movie (including Freddy vs. Jason).
7. My father is Jewish, and my mother is Catholic, so I celebrate the holidays of both religions.
8. I can recite the names of every state in the US in alphabetical order thanks to an incredibly catchy song I learned in elementary school.
9. I enjoy superhero comics and movies.
10. I’ve read every Harry Potter and Chronicles of Narnia book.
11. I know the names and order of all the US presidents (I became really fascinated with the presidents when I was in elementary school).
These are my nominees for the Liebster Award — I tried to pick blogs that hadn’t been nominated yet:
And these are the 11 questions that I’m asking my nominees:
1. What qualities matter most to you in a job?
2. What is your dream job?
3. Who are your role models?
4. What inspires you?
5. What is your favorite quote?
6. If you could travel ten years back in time, what advice would you give yourself?
7. What special or unusual skills do you have?
8. What is your greatest achievement?
9. What is the most unexpected fact you’ve learned from your job search?
10. What are your best qualities?
11. Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?