Versatile Blogger Award
Rebecca Fraser-Thill of the blog Career Avoidance 101 nominated 20somethings in 2013 for the Versatile Blogger Award. A special thanks to Rebecca for the nomination, and I hope you check out her blog for some great advice and perspectives on starting out in this economy.
The rules for accepting the award require me to nominate fifteen other blogs and write seven interesting facts about myself (I’ve already written eleven facts about myself for the Liebster Award, so hopefully I won’t run out of interesting stuff when I’m writing these).
So these are seven more facts about myself:
1. My dad, his father, and his siblings were all doctors. When I was growing up, it seemed that everybody would ask me “Do you want to be a doctor?” (I didn’t).
2. My first and middle initials are DR, which is the abbreviation for doctor. My mom says this was not done to encourage me to follow in my dad’s footsteps.
3. I had a fascination with polytheistic mythology when I was growing up (mostly Greek and Roman, but also Norse, Hindu, and Egyptian).
4. My favorite quote: “Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.” – Thomas Edison
5. I’m an aspiring filmmaker. My favorite aspects of filmmaking are writing, directing, and acting.
6. I’d like to run my own scripted television series someday, preferably in comedy or action.
7. I prefer dogs to cats (sorry, cat people). My favorite breeds are German shepherds, golden retrievers, yellow and black labs, and huskies.
And these are the blogs I’m nominating: